Custom Hobby Forum

• September 24, 2022, 02:45:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Author Topic: warhammer wood elves  (Read 1451 times)

Medved

• man with the fluffy skates
  • Global Moderator
  • Young Adult Dragon
  • look at my fluffy skates!
warhammer wood elves
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:12:50 AM »

anybody know how many elves i am looking at to make a 1000 point army in the most recent incarnation of warhammer?

could anybody do me a sample list?

i intend to use the old jes goodwin models so i'm a bit limited (no dryads i think) to what was in the range then.

cheers

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
Re: warhammer wood elves
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »

About 20-30 archers (in 1 or 2 units).

Split things up into small unit sizes. Treat wood elves as a skirmish army. Many units won't be in skirmish formation but think of lots of small mobile units rather than large solid blocks capable ot taking a big hit.

eyeolas

• Contributors
  • Juvenile Dragon
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 02:30:04 PM »

quite alot, your basic elf is about 8 points, your hero will be 100ish (mages are more), then dryads are 12, and the points go up from there, so it could be in the range of 10-100, depending on the list.

archer wood elves don't work to well (surprising but they don't). There is no artillery and you are relying on shooting in fantasy (which doesn't work with bows).

Combat or magic is were it's at, pleanty of trees, wardancers, mages (not a fighting character, they don't work too well), then maybe some fancy stuff like horses.

you should probably aim for 60 models (since after you add expensive things, there won't be that many for bulk), but less works just as well, but make sure you focus on one aspect, don't have half shooty, half combat, with a mage and a fighting character, it just doesn't work

Balgin Stondraeg

• RPG Guild
  • Very Old dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:50:55 PM »

Big PM sent.