News:

Moving and shaking!  We're back to http://www.customhobby.com/forum -- you may need to log out and log back in again to enjoy the new settings!

Main Menu

New Reaper MSM

Started by Balgin Stondraeg, January 27, 2007, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balgin Stondraeg

http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/MasterSeriesMiniatures/30004_1
http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/MasterSeriesMiniatures/30004_2
http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/MasterSeriesMiniatures/30004_3
http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/MasterSeriesMiniatures/30004_4

Okay, I think I'm really going to look forwards to painting this one (their preview paintjob really didn't do it justice - they'd done that "not shading the skin or anything else very much" look that seems popular in some regions).

The good: it's a detailed sculpt at 54mm. I generaly like the style. That helmet looks like it's going to be a load of fun (and I'm pretty sure it'd be a separate piece but putting it onto the head wouldn't work 'cause the hair'd stick out too much around it and need some serious resculpting to come out from beneath it believeably). I like the style of the armour and I like the gravestone she's standing on.

The bad: At that scale it's almost tempting to paint her up as a stattue to use as battlefield scenery but that would be a waste of a good mini (might need to get 2). I might want to remove a few of the skulls from her hip/thigh plates. She'd better be multipart (I'm pretty sure that at least the sword arm is a separate piece, the shield arm had better be separate too). She's supposed to be a vampire, it would've been nice if the tips of her fangs were showing but without them she still works, it's just that the skulls and a few of the stylistic details of the armour would work better if she'd "got her fangs out".

The ugly: Whilst I like the distinctive Klocke face I can see too many of them. I know that the 25/28mm sculpt was done by him (and so the face looks "at home" here) so it's not too big of a niggle. I'll just have to look into soft shading to deaden those harsh edges a bit, or accentuate them to make her look gaunt and dead.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this here folks as I've known about it since roughly november and was surprised nobody esle had posted about it. Can I really afford a second one as a stattue? I'm not sure but probably not.

Custom_Hobby

I like this one too. Damn there are so many good mini's coming out of late. The collection and mountain of lead keeps growing while my free time becomes a thing of the past.
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg


Custom_Hobby

Now I have to go order some stuff.....
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com