News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

St George's Day

Started by Keeper, April 23, 2007, 06:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: Bungle on April 23, 2007, 02:25:12 PM
Evil Turkish dragon.... and our brave armenian national saint.. what a cosmopolitan country we are  :icon_wink:

Yep, legend ahs it that the evil huge dragon crawled up out of the lake and saint Georg threw a rock at it which bounced off it's head but knocked it out so he'd won.

And so he became the patron saint of England which is an awful long way away and doesn't make much sense really.

Keeper

The wiki is more comprehensive than my memory (as always), but at least I didn't get anything wrong! :D

Lepers, syphilis, skin disease and butchers don't seem to mix well, though!
:hal:   

Dr.Evil

Quote from: keeper40k on April 23, 2007, 06:14:55 PM
The wiki is more comprehensive than my memory (as always), but at least I didn't get anything wrong! :D

Lepers, syphilis, skin disease and butchers don't seem to mix well, though!

Don't you eat sausages and burger's then.  :icon_sick:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Keeper

:laughing6: Only ones that I've made myself!
:hal:   

Dr.Evil

Can't beat a homemade burger.  :icon_beer:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Baldemyr

Patron Saint of Canada? Huh?  Why havent us Canucks heard about this?  Is this one of those "former British colony means we inherit both the bad and the cool stuff from England" things?

  I wasnt aware we had a patron saint lol