News:

Maintenance!  I'm working on optimizing and updating the site, so you may see some wonky things!

Main Menu

Where be Jack Sparrow

Started by Dr.Evil, August 18, 2007, 05:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr.Evil

Haven't painted a skeleton (parts yes, not a whole one) since i joined the FOD, so here's a WIP of a Pirate one.
Yes i did watch POTC 2 Dead Man's Chest last week.  :icon_wink:

About two and a half hours work and quick pic's.

EDIT: Changed the pic's slighty as they were showing the white too bright, using a flash didn't help.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Perv

bit difficult to make out any detail at the mo but its coming along  :icon_wink:

Bruenor Odinson

OOOoooo is that an old Maurauder Skeleton?
Looks real nice, for an undead chappie.

Dr.Evil

Don't have a clue, the tab is removed.  :shrug:

He needs mat varnished to show him proper as the inks are shining and altering the colours and such.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Dr.Evil

Started his blades, they are based coated and ready to start tomorrow.  :icon_cool:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Dr.Evil

#5
Work so far and quick taken pic's and it shows.  :icon_redface:

Got a more true look to the colours.

Quote from: Perv on August 18, 2007, 07:07:40 PM
bit difficult to make out any detail at the mo but its coming along  :icon_wink:

Did you click on the pic to make it bigger.  :icon_whistling:


EDIT:
New pic's.

Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Bungle


Custom_Hobby

Skelly Jack is coming along well :clap2:
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Dr.Evil

Bugger!!
I have had a bit more done for month's now and haven't taken new pic's yet!.

I will also take new pic's of him this weekend.
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


Perv

sorry I missed this one, cant remember if I clicked on the pics but am sure I would have done......

cant wait to see pics of it, the last pics look like still had a bit to do on it.

cheddarmonger

Quote from: Wristaction on March 26, 2008, 08:23:59 PM
Bugger!!
I have had a bit more done for month's now and haven't taken new pic's yet!.

I will also take new pic's of him this weekend.

Sounds like nice stuff for your Cheddar album!
Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Dr.Evil

One he is finished, I still have to think of and make a stand....  :icon_suspicious:
Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction


cheddarmonger

oh, that's easy!

take a base and glue wooden coffee stirring sticks to it as planking, be careful not to get any glue on the top surface.  Then soak it with brown ink, wash off the ink while it is still a bit wet, repeat 'til you get a good color and grain! 

Sample:



Nevermind me, I have a cruddy banner, so please click HERE for Cheddarmongers!

Dr.Evil

Thinking more along the lines of sand and stuff.

Quote from: cheddarmonger on March 27, 2008, 11:08:16 AM
oh, that's easy!

take a base and glue wooden coffee stirring sticks to it as planking, be careful not to get any glue on the top surface.  Then soak it with brown ink, wash off the ink while it is still a bit wet, repeat 'til you get a good color and grain! 

Sample:





Or like this..  :wristy:


Click here to see more of my painted stuff.
http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/wristaction