News:

New probationary status for new members!  If you can't post to the normal forums, send a PM to a moderator!

Main Menu

The Flying Claw!

Started by Balgin Stondraeg, July 08, 2008, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balgin Stondraeg

The Flying Claw is god. The Flying Claw is cool :).

Okay, so first off, there isn't an actual claw and it isn't actualy flying. However, last week, as this guy was teleporting every turn, zipping about the battlefield to cause terror from unexpected angles, my oponent nick named him The Flying Claw (not on account of the way I got to keep pick him up and putting him down wherever I liked him but because of the little tallon like tags hanging from the edges of the cloak which lurches upwards on a gust of supernatural wind in a manner that looks disturbingly like a grasping hand).

And I liked it, it suited him and it kind of stuck.

When I started painting the flying claw I didn't like the face. He had a sort of ninja facemask on which just really didn't look druidic enough to me. I understand that it's supposed to represent his mysteriousness and his ability to just slip in and out of existance but in my mind he can be mysterious and enigmatic without having a big strip of cloth tied over his face.

So, to begin with he looked like this (this isn't actualy a picture of The Flying Claw. It's a picture of the second Flying Claw taken today because I didn't take any phtoo before painting but they're both the same sculpt and I haven't started on the second one yet).





So I got out my scalpel and I gouged and I sawed and I chisseled and eventualy I was satisfied. Then I got my greenstuff and I stuck it on and prodded and gouged it with my scalpel untill I was happy.

Then I did some painting. On the same day as I took my finished potos of the big drunken ogre I took these 3 shots as well:





Since then I've done some more painting and he's nearly finished. I was finaly able to take some pictures today but it was practicaly dusk and a lot of them were a bit out of focus. Here's the best of them.















I did take another photo of the back of the hood which got the loweer "collar" bit in focus much better with better lighting but the upper half of the hood was a bit blurry. It actualy looked better than this photo but the bad bit was too noticable to use it instead.

Here's a couple of blurry indoor photographs of his big two handed wood and stone "organicaly grown" axe (still very much work in progress).







And here's a blurry indoor photo of me holding the bits together and going "yeah, that'll be really good when it's all finished and stuck together" and daydreaming as much as I can to avoid thinking about finishing the cloak.


weirdwolf

Really nice choice in colours Master Stondraeg, they work really well together  :clap2:

Custom_Hobby

 :yeahthat: Nice work Balgin :occasion14: Have you picked him back up since you posted this?
Mike
www.CustomHobby.com

Balgin Stondraeg

Quote from: Custom_Hobby on July 14, 2008, 05:08:59 AM
Have you picked him back up since you posted this?

He's actualy been finished for a day or two now but I haven't had a chance to get at the camera yet :(.