Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: Keeper on August 20, 2007, 05:20:41 PM

Title: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Keeper on August 20, 2007, 05:20:41 PM
I couldn't make a challenge with CM as I had to take time out for my family, but I got one finished :)  The other four and not too far away on the painting table, and I'll post as I finish them ...

Comments welcome, and appreciatate, as always :)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/9108-1/Guy.jpg) (http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/keeper40k/Heresy+Minis/Guy.jpg.html)

I'd never had beaten David, though! :D
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Perv on August 20, 2007, 06:18:45 PM
need better lighting to see them properly mate.  They look good from what I can make out
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Dr.Evil on August 20, 2007, 06:56:45 PM
Any better..  :icon_wink:

A Keeper & Wristy production.  :icon_cool:

Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: cheddarmonger on August 20, 2007, 07:02:56 PM
Nice!  cool color scheme, good job with the base!  Wristy is the official post-prod editor for CH!

thats why I didn't go with white gloves; they would have looked dirty.  Not OJ glove dirty, but dirty nonetheless.
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 20, 2007, 07:32:35 PM
Nice work Dave. Reminds me of (and yes I am going to say it again)

(http://www.mediacircus.net/v_____3.jpg)
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Keeper on August 21, 2007, 06:12:43 AM
Thanks guys, and thanks Wristy for the photo edit :)  My natural daylight bulb died just before I took these photos - so that is my excuse this time!

I agree that they do look a bit V, Mike :)  I take it you have the DVDs? :)

He is painted to go with my CombatZone Virgin MegaCorp troopers, hence the shoulder patch which looks a little but like this V (http://www.virgin.com)

The base is actually better in the photo than IRL! :)  But my freehand does always come out well on things like this.

I can't figure out where the glossiness is coming from though, unless it is just overexposure from the flash as it is coming from the direction of the camera.  He has had two coats of dullcoat (well shaken both times, 2mins+) and looks matt IRL  :icon_scratch:

As for the gloves, I made use of my recent visit to a hospital to see what colour these gloves are - and they're either this colour, or violet (which IMHO is quite distrubing!).  As for them being dirty ... well, what do you think they're used for, Cheddar? :D
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Keeper on August 22, 2007, 05:45:23 AM
Wristy, what was the conversion operation that you did on the photo to improve the light levels?

I got a copy of photoshop at work, now, so I should be able to do these things myself, if I know what I'm trying to do ... :)
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Dr.Evil on August 22, 2007, 09:09:24 AM
I used a cheap nasty simple program as i don't have Photoshop and can't get my head round how to use it anyway.  :icon_ermm:

I did auto colour, auto contrast and adjusted the Shadows and Highlights.  :shrug:

Gi6ers is the one to ask, maybe a tute if he has the chance...  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Keeper on August 22, 2007, 10:03:27 AM
Thanks Wristaction :)  That helps a lot!

Is this better, then?  This pic looks much more like the mini does IRL:

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/9125-1/Guy_light2.JPG) (http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/pic/keeper40k/Heresy+Minis/Guy_light2.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1)
Title: Re: Another Heresy Customs Inspector!
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 22, 2007, 10:06:25 AM
Yes those new pictures are great!

Quote from: keeper40k on August 21, 2007, 06:12:43 AM
I agree that they do look a bit V, Mike :)  I take it you have the DVDs? :)

I wish I did. I have been meaning to get the DVD's for years.

Quote from: keeper40k on August 21, 2007, 06:12:43 AM
He is painted to go with my CombatZone Virgin MegaCorp troopers, hence the shoulder patch which looks a little but like this V (http://www.virgin.com)

I knew it looked familiar.