Haven't painted a skeleton (parts yes, not a whole one) since i joined the FOD, so here's a WIP of a Pirate one.
Yes i did watch POTC 2 Dead Man's Chest last week. :icon_wink:
About two and a half hours work and quick pic's.
EDIT: Changed the pic's slighty as they were showing the white too bright, using a flash didn't help.
bit difficult to make out any detail at the mo but its coming along :icon_wink:
OOOoooo is that an old Maurauder Skeleton?
Looks real nice, for an undead chappie.
Don't have a clue, the tab is removed. :shrug:
He needs mat varnished to show him proper as the inks are shining and altering the colours and such.
Started his blades, they are based coated and ready to start tomorrow. :icon_cool:
Work so far and quick taken pic's and it shows. :icon_redface:
Got a more true look to the colours.
Quote from: Perv on August 18, 2007, 07:07:40 PM
bit difficult to make out any detail at the mo but its coming along :icon_wink:
Did you click on the pic to make it bigger. :icon_whistling:
EDIT:
New pic's.
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/WRISTACTION/WIP/Skeleton%20Pirate/SkeletonPiratemulty03.jpg)
Old bone
looking effective.
Skelly Jack is coming along well :clap2:
Bugger!!
I have had a bit more done for month's now and haven't taken new pic's yet!.
I will also take new pic's of him this weekend.
sorry I missed this one, cant remember if I clicked on the pics but am sure I would have done......
cant wait to see pics of it, the last pics look like still had a bit to do on it.
Quote from: Wristaction on March 26, 2008, 08:23:59 PM
Bugger!!
I have had a bit more done for month's now and haven't taken new pic's yet!.
I will also take new pic's of him this weekend.
Sounds like nice stuff for your Cheddar album!
One he is finished, I still have to think of and make a stand.... :icon_suspicious:
oh, that's easy!
take a base and glue wooden coffee stirring sticks to it as planking, be careful not to get any glue on the top surface. Then soak it with brown ink, wash off the ink while it is still a bit wet, repeat 'til you get a good color and grain!
Sample:
(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/12632-1/Babycakes+the+Ogress.jpg)
Thinking more along the lines of sand and stuff.
Quote from: cheddarmonger on March 27, 2008, 11:08:16 AM
oh, that's easy!
take a base and glue wooden coffee stirring sticks to it as planking, be careful not to get any glue on the top surface. Then soak it with brown ink, wash off the ink while it is still a bit wet, repeat 'til you get a good color and grain!
Sample:
(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/12632-1/Babycakes+the+Ogress.jpg)
Or like this.. :wristy: