Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 01:32:21 PM

Title: Hambo
Post by: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 01:32:21 PM
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Gi6ers/HAMBO004.jpg)

:icon_cool:

Sorry David, couldn't wait
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: geronimo on August 14, 2007, 01:38:18 PM
 :clap2: Nice paintjob. Clean, bright colours, good stuff.

I really ought to finish the very similar thing I started sculpting about 8 years back, based on one of Snuurg's Wyrdworld character drawings...
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 14, 2007, 02:09:47 PM
WOW he looks great. Were you already painting while unpacking him? :icon_wink: I am sure Cindy will love it too.
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 02:20:18 PM
LOL, no he turned up last night.
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: geronimo on August 14, 2007, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 02:20:18 PM
LOL, no he turned up last night.

That's some fast brushwork, Matt.

And I only just noticed the base he's on ! D'oh  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 02:47:22 PM
You should change your name to bullet... :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Perv on August 14, 2007, 04:25:11 PM
lol great job, full of character  :clap2:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 14, 2007, 04:32:01 PM
Send Cindy a PM so she knows it's been posted :bludrgn2:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: gi6ers on August 14, 2007, 04:46:17 PM
I'm sure she'll come across it..
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Dr.Evil on August 14, 2007, 05:22:16 PM
Love what you've done but...

The gun is a bit plane and of a lower painting level than the rest of the figure, some wood\plastic coloured bit's like the stock and under the barrel would set it off more.

Will go for a woodland base myself, maybe set beside a riverbank.  :icon_wink:

*After ripping off Toad's legs and garroting Mole with his own intestines, Hammy headed off to Badger's to do some bating.*

:w:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Inso on August 18, 2007, 05:06:15 AM
I'm not sure what to make of this one  :icon_scratch: . 

You've done a great job with the paint (although the gun could do with a bit of something more) but the mini is just odd to me...I don't think it is poorly sculpted (although the gun could have had a bit more realism to it...it seems to have been an afterthought)...it's just that I don't get it  :icon_neutral:.

I don't mean to upset the apple cart...it's just that I don't get  it.

Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Dr.Evil on August 18, 2007, 05:20:14 AM
*Starts picking up apples*

It's a Hamster that is kitted up like Rambo, so it's Hambo!!

Just a fun sculpt to paint.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Inso on August 18, 2007, 05:37:41 AM
But what is it for?  Just for display or are you supposed to game with it?

I find the concept of miniatures that are just for display weird.  If you want an ornament, you buy an ornament, don't you?

It's a bit like people who buy a custom car/motor cycle and never drive/ride them. 

Oh, it's just so confusing sometimes  :icon_scratch:...I think I'll go and wake nanny up and ask her for some of her special recipe ' hot toddy'... :icon_neutral:.

Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 18, 2007, 11:01:37 AM
Just display unless you can find rules it will fit in for (I guess :shrug: )
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: S1ND3X on August 18, 2007, 03:53:39 PM
some real fun stuff there
Title: Re: Hambo
Post by: Keeper on August 18, 2007, 04:28:46 PM
For the amount of gaming I get to do, almost _all_ of my minis are display pieces, Inso!

OTOH, there are some _very_strange games out there.  I think this guy would make a great PC in Palladium: TMNT, for example.