Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: Perv on January 25, 2007, 03:55:12 PM

Title: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Perv on January 25, 2007, 03:55:12 PM
I've only recently discovered this mini but understand its been about a few months.  The sculptor did some of the new GW Dwarf Slayers, (yes they are new...honest...check the poses) and he did a couple of Dwarf Lords amongst other figs.  For Dwarf collectors this will probably become a sought after figure when its oop and theres only 98 castings left at the moment, not sure if more being done though...still it will go oop soon I think

http://avatars-of-war.com/web2mail/web2mail.php

Its a very very nice figure though and full of detail.  Was one of 5 fantasy figs selected for figure of the year on a website I read the other day
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 25, 2007, 04:58:23 PM
Nice miniatures. I wonder what he will do next?
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Perv on January 25, 2007, 05:04:47 PM
I sent him an email to enquire a day or 2 ago, no reply yet.....will let ya know mate
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: gi6ers on January 25, 2007, 05:07:18 PM
Yup, nice stuff, I'm looking forward to seeing more originality from the line though. Saying that, I bought one  :icon_redface:

Here's mine: Linkage (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Gi6ers/slayer2.jpg) Bad pic!
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 25, 2007, 05:13:45 PM
Nice and gribbly (where is buggrit?). I like what you did with it.
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Bungle on January 25, 2007, 05:18:58 PM
I had to double check the green when i saw your painted one....

Nice paint job... I thought he had small tusks... I thought "cool a dwarf slayer with tusks, a nice touch".. then checked the green and saw they were things in his 'tasche.

maybe someone some day will make "barbarian dwarves with tusks" for some system.

Topic split
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Perv on January 25, 2007, 05:28:48 PM
Thats a great paintjob mate, mine well be a fraction of the quality but I'll post a pic soon when I paint it, will make yours look even better :-)
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: cheddarmonger on January 25, 2007, 06:43:18 PM
I had a bunch of the Dragon Rune figures.  Wonderful sculpts, full of character, high quality.
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 25, 2007, 07:09:51 PM
I may see what his rates are and get him to sculpt something for me.
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Perv on January 25, 2007, 07:13:43 PM
All his figs look cool and very detailed, I'm not surprised people have already got into his stuff.  A good choice for a commision but maybe go through his work place (Privateer Press) as he doesnt seem to answer personal emails
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 25, 2007, 07:15:20 PM
Thanks for the info
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on January 26, 2007, 05:38:53 AM
I bought one just before Xmas, and it took a while for him to request the money through Paypal, then took about three weeks to arrive from Spain, I guess it was due to the Xmas post, but well worth the wait, it's a stunning sculpt, in the metal so to speak.
Mines about half done, hope to get some more done soon, but with e commission I'm doing at the moment, it's doesn't seem likely.
Title: Re: A mini that I think could be worth a few quid in the future
Post by: Custom_Hobby on January 26, 2007, 08:58:13 AM
Post it in the WIP section