Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: dargrin on August 02, 2007, 08:48:34 PM

Title: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: dargrin on August 02, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
Little work done waiting for my CAV to show up.

(http://home.comcast.net/~mikechrisnoahtyler/Shieldmaiden.jpg)
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: geronimo on August 03, 2007, 02:42:25 AM
Nice work - good,clean separation of colours, earthy tones without being muddy - all round good stuff  :clap2:
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Keeper on August 03, 2007, 04:49:02 AM
She's really nice :)  I like the eyes, and the understated NMM.  I like your style of NMM much more than the overworked stuff that you quite often see :)
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Agentmolar on August 03, 2007, 08:30:44 AM
very nice. Very clean and crisp  :clap2:
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Perv on August 03, 2007, 08:51:09 AM
great job, I like all of it  :icon_w00t:
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: gi6ers on August 03, 2007, 09:19:47 AM
Nice one, the only thing I'd change is to add more highlights to her face and the metals.
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on August 03, 2007, 12:25:16 PM
Ah, Princess SLeia. I've been meaning to paint those three for a while now but never got round to it :).
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: dargrin on August 03, 2007, 03:53:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. 

I hope to post the 2 of 3 to night and maybe get the 3 of 3 next week.
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Custom_Hobby on August 03, 2007, 08:18:29 PM
Nice clean work as always dargin :bludrgn2:
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Dr.Evil on August 04, 2007, 04:38:04 AM
Sorry but have to agree with the above.  :icon_wink:

Great work there.  :occasion14:
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Inso on August 13, 2007, 02:27:44 PM
Again, this one is nice and cleanly painted (like your second one) but the metals don't look metal to me.  I think more highlights are in order or...metalic paint?

NMM is a difficult thing to get right and there needs to be plenty of area to get the effect to work...maybe these are too small for it to work?  (I wouldn't even attempt NMM so cudos to you for giving it a go  :icon_cool:).
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: dargrin on August 13, 2007, 07:31:49 PM
As I mentioned in the other post this something I would like to get at somewhat good at.   I know it has been very well done at this size so I need either a different recipe or more practice.  But at this point it looks like both.
Title: Re: Shieldmaiden 1 of 3
Post by: Inso on August 14, 2007, 05:29:27 AM
The only thing I can suggest is more contrast.  When I've seen NMM in the past there has always been sharp contrast between the 'shades'.

Again, cudos for giving it a go...you have the most important skill and that is an exceptionally clean painting style.  If you practice I'm sure that you will be painting NMM to a high standard very soon  :icon_twisted:.