Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: Keeper on July 06, 2007, 06:40:05 AM

Title: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Keeper on July 06, 2007, 06:40:05 AM
Anyone else entering this?

Here is my entry (and yes the rules let me post it here! :))

You comments and feedback are welcomed.

Before you mention the glossiness of the mini, you should know that she has had two coats of Dullcote already!  I'm choosing to say it is hot in the 'nightclub' she works in, and her clients perfer her to be 'glowing' :D

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/7914-2/Adriana_Keeper40k.jpg)
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Perv on July 06, 2007, 06:52:46 AM
That looks good mate, very good skin tones and the colour scheme works well  :clap2:
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: gi6ers on July 06, 2007, 06:57:24 AM
Quote from: keeper40k on July 06, 2007, 06:40:05 AM
Anyone else entering this?

No, I find Adam's sculpts to be a pain in the ass to paint...

I did buy this mini to have a go and go a bit fed up with her so I'm doubly impressed with your result. Good luck!
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Keeper on July 06, 2007, 07:02:29 AM
Thanks chaps.

@gi6ers: I must admit I hit a blank patch on this mini after I'd painted her.  All those items on the tray were rather daunting when I got to the point I had to paint them all.  And it felt like there was something wrong with the calves, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Perv on July 06, 2007, 08:03:25 AM
Now you've pointed it out, her left calf does look a bit too light on the back but I only noticed it since u said it  :icon_eek:  I love the thought of painting things like that tray but when it comes to it I always bodge it up.  Its just so fiddly.  Think you did really well with it.
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 06, 2007, 08:45:44 AM
I stuck my Winne in the comp.  :icon_wink:
http://www.customhobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=734.new#new

She's wearing PVC and sweating due to the heat.  :dragon:
Shes looking good and some nice freehand there as well. :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: cheddarmonger on July 06, 2007, 09:35:53 AM
she's very bony, would make a good zombie thrall...

You did a great job on this.  Nice flesh color, and the details really stand out.  Good luck!
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Bungle on July 06, 2007, 02:18:35 PM
thats not bad at all. I am impressed with the tray objects. Skin looks dusky... latin...

but get some new dullcote if thats the results
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 06, 2007, 03:45:43 PM
I use the spry dullcote but you might just need more coats to remove the shine.
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 06, 2007, 04:06:28 PM
I use the spray as well (just shake the life out of the can). Nice work Keeper!
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Keeper on July 07, 2007, 06:38:21 AM
Thansk guys.  I can't wait until next week to see how everyone has done :)
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 07, 2007, 12:06:12 PM
Same here. I think it is going to be hard to pick the winner
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 07, 2007, 03:23:41 PM
Thing-e's one  :icon_scratch:
The first one posted on the FOD, the musketeer dog is a great one and the cowboy dropping the cards is another.
They will be hard to beat.
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Keeper on July 07, 2007, 05:15:38 PM
I totally agree, Wristy.

Between the musketeer, the cowboy dropping cards and the seven curses mini that was posted on FOD in the last day or so, the best I can hope for is the Adam thinks my mini is cool in some way.

But it was a good excuse to get her painted :D
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 07, 2007, 05:55:17 PM
Your the same as me, you enter for the fun and to improve your painting.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 07, 2007, 06:07:44 PM
It really is the best way to get better. If you lose the fun. things will go nowhere fast.
Title: Re: Black Scorpion Golden Chef competition
Post by: Keeper on July 07, 2007, 06:21:19 PM
Quote from: Wristaction on July 07, 2007, 05:55:17 PM
Your the same as me, you enter for the fun and to improve your painting.  :icon_wink:
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on July 07, 2007, 06:07:44 PM
It really is the best way to get better. If you lose the fun. things will go nowhere fast.

I agree with both of you, but I don't want to make this into a love-in, so I'm off to watch some Arena Football League ... :D Whilst painting some 18mm Cephalods, of course!