Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 04:29:56 AM

Title: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 04:29:56 AM
Hi again folks,

Been swishing that old brush about again, mainly working on a commission of villagers/townsfolk for a client, but have managed to get an entry ready for the World of Minis Mechanical Mayhem comp' (http://worldofminis.proboards101.com/index.cgi?board=competitionforums&action=display&thread=1183275413&page=1) (please vote for me?), and do a tabletop standard Manticore for my own gaming.

Let me know what you think, especially you Fabian as you traded me the Bounty Hunter.

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/commissions/IMG_0378.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/commissions/IMG_0377.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/commissions/IMG_0357.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/commissions/IMG_0356.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/40K/bruenormmentry.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/Fantasy%20Minis/manticore.jpg)

Thanks
Bruenor Odinson.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Agentmolar on July 01, 2007, 04:33:14 AM
The photos get better as you go down the page. Nice work mate. You guys are prolific painters.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 04:40:51 AM
Yeah, the townsfolks were only quick pics to show the progress, and he only wanted to pay for tabletop quality, so they don't outshine his players minis.

Thanks
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2007, 05:17:34 AM
Nice clean paint jobs. they all look good. I love the vibrant look of the green on the manticore.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: gi6ers on July 01, 2007, 06:13:37 AM
Good stuff as usual, chainsaw blokey stands out for me!
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 06:20:28 AM
Thanks guys, don't forget to click the WOM link and vote for me, I need all the help I can get in this comp', up against some real good entries.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2007, 06:26:41 AM
Voted :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 06:35:47 AM
Thanks.  :icon_w00t:
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 01, 2007, 07:00:23 AM
Small question, where's the bit to vote with on that site.  :icon_scratch:

You paint too fast RASSSSP!.. :coolpics:
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Custom_Hobby on July 01, 2007, 07:01:34 AM
You have to join and then you can vote.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 07:06:23 AM
Yeah, it's free and easy to join, and a nice bunch of guys, bit like here.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Dr.Evil on July 01, 2007, 07:10:56 AM
 :Doh!:

Going to join now.  :icon_redface:
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 07:14:52 AM
Hee hee.

Have to paint fast, need all 46 townsfolk done by the end of July, then I have the whole of the game Space Crusade's mini to do as a commission.
Geez do I have time to paint my own minis....................no!
Well I make a little time now and then...........hee hee
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Perv on July 01, 2007, 07:56:29 AM
Great work mate, I especially like the farmer bloke in the middleish pic, with the big stick. Shame they're not yours to keep !!!  Can you show us pics of your space crusade comission too please?  I have these but still never painted as wont paint plastics til I am happy with my skill level, pain in the ass stripping them.  Theres some good figs in the Space Crusade box though and reckon you can do some mean paint jobs on the chaos marines  :icon_w00t:
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 08:09:43 AM
Cheers buddy,

I'm just waiting for the SC minis to come in the post, need to finish off the townsfolk first.
From what I can gather he wants the CSM, in greens, which suits me perfectly, as I love doing green.
Stripping plastics is a walk in the park if you use neat Dettol, leave 'em 24hrs and then a quick rub over with an old toothbrush, and clean as the day they were bought, unless they are undercoated with GW black spray, then it tings the plastic a dark grey.
It's also safe for metals, and both can be left for ages to get a really deep clean, I have some plastics that were in mine for over a month with no damage.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Perv on July 01, 2007, 08:48:55 AM
Dettol?  I need some of that to clean me pipework and pots from my grow system.  Cheers, 2 birds with one stone  :icon_wink:

I just use Nitromors when stripping metals, takes away all glue too.  I am lazy as well and leave figs in this for weeks and months...

Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on July 01, 2007, 08:58:00 AM
Yeah Dettol will strip away superglue too, so even better for you, it smells lovely too.
Title: Re: Bruenor's Brush has been busy, busy..........
Post by: cheddarmonger on July 16, 2007, 10:01:52 AM
How on earth did I miss this thread?  Great stuff, B.O!   :icon_suspicious:  I mean, Bruenor!