Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: Brimshack on May 31, 2007, 01:15:02 PM

Title: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Brimshack on May 31, 2007, 01:15:02 PM
Hi all,

I just thought I'd drop by and post the latest press release from Crunch-Waffle.

(http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/Brimshack/etc_cover_small.jpg)



Extra Terrae Crepusculum

"It's pretty simple, you know. Everyone that's here, we all crossed through something we call 'the veil'. The place itself, we call it "The Land Beyond Twilight." A mage explained it this way; it's like space and time get confused. The land passes by us as though it were a moment and instead we walk across time. When the veil falls, you think your walking North towards home or West toward an inn down in the next town, but you're actually walking accross a moment in time. I think that's what the mage said. Anyway, this land is somewhere on the other side of that. So, that's why we call it the Land Beyond Twilight.

I know. It doesn't make sense to me either. ...Rotten spell casters never make any sense."
-A random Grunt

Crunch-Waffle Enterprises would like to invite gamers to play our exciting new product, "Extra Terrae Crepusculum" (Beyond the Twilight Worlds.) This game allows players to combine miniatures from our own line with those of other companies to produce skirmish parties to go out and kick some ass. All you need are three 6 sided dice, some miniatures, and our free pdf and you're well on you're way to a killing frenzy the like of which your game table has rarely seen. Character stats are simple but they allow you the flexibility to tailor your war parties to your own tastes. The game is intended for 2 or more players and will normally last from 1 to 3 hours.


http://crunch-waffle.com/skirmish_game.htm
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2007, 01:30:07 PM
Thanks for posting this and :welcome: to the forum. I took a quick look and like what I see. I can see using our Kyrie miniature in this game.
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 31, 2007, 03:01:00 PM
Having a look around and seen this, is this one sculpted by Mark (Klute) from the FOD.

(http://crunch-waflle.netfirms.com/store/nfoscomm/catalog/images/jersey.jpg)
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2007, 03:47:51 PM
I always liked the demon, but if I get one I need to change the wings.
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Brimshack on May 31, 2007, 05:22:21 PM
Kyrie? I gotta check out more of your minis. (I also got to get some sleep, because I completely misread your initial post, LOL).

The Minotaur is based on another Mark Craggs piece. He's damn near done. As for swapping the wings, you bet. I always did think the Jersey Devil was a great mini. It's a shame I don't get time to paint anymore, because I was really looking foreword to painting that one! Curious to see what wings you end up replacing him with.
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2007, 05:27:25 PM
You can find out more about Kyrie here http://www.customhobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=6.0

And I will get back to you on the rest in a second
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Brimshack on May 31, 2007, 05:33:02 PM
Oh, I remember her. She'd get 2 abilities for sure: Refreshment (cause she has a cup which we can only assume is filled with victory champaign) and Embellish Story (cause she's a painter). The rest I don't know.

Dan
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2007, 05:46:18 PM
There is also her warrior version that is still a WIP but here she is:

(http://cp.cobble.phpwebhosting.com/~libertywhite/freelance/kyrie%20conversion%20copy.jpg)
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Brimshack on May 31, 2007, 05:50:27 PM
Ah...

Smash and hack. She's a straight up Melee Specialist.
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2007, 05:56:20 PM
That she will be :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Bodhi on June 01, 2007, 04:11:05 AM
Linky (might be of interest):
http://www.crunch-waffle.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=147
First four go in the mail tomorrow. The rest will follow shortly.
Downloaded and printed the rules. Haven't read them yet.

Hullo Brimshack. Seems they made me a mod of this here fine site. I've no idea why  :shrug: ;)
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 02, 2007, 12:58:35 PM
Alf those are some nice sculpts. I love the viking dwarf.

Brimshack I replied to your PM and thanks again for the offer.
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Bodhi on June 03, 2007, 04:24:55 AM
Fantasy dwarf, fantasy dwarf. He's dedicated to Odin certainly (hence the raven on his helmet and the othala rune on the cape clusp. But he's also got the triskele on his shield - which is a celtic symbol that the vikings never used much. But I just thought it would look cool. So I could hardly claim historical correctness here  ;)
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 03, 2007, 10:36:59 AM
I'm not a historical mini buff so I love it for just what it is. Great job my friend!
Title: Re: Crunch-Waffle Skirmish, ETC
Post by: Bungle on June 07, 2007, 02:43:55 PM
Ah missed this........ looking good... :clap2: :clap2: