Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: Balgin Stondraeg on May 01, 2007, 12:48:16 PM

Title: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on May 01, 2007, 12:48:16 PM
Here she is in all her bottom kicking glory (and last night she did kick some serious arse).

(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Rackham/LeatherGimpMaskGirl8.jpg)
(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Rackham/LeatherGimpMaskGirl9.jpg)
(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Rackham/LeatherGimpMaskGirl10.jpg)
(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Rackham/LeatherGimpMaskGirl11.jpg)



And because the first pic's a bit blrury you can all have a look at the closeup "underview" one I took before taking those four :).

(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Rackham/LeatherGimpMaskGirl12.jpg)
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Bungle on May 01, 2007, 12:59:35 PM
I'll buy that for a $1.

criticism.... blue gem looks flat still... end of plait needs touching up.

Shewt... it is pretty damn perfect. :clap2:


PS that last pic.... her face would make a perfect Avatar.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 01, 2007, 01:09:08 PM
Another nice paint job there!  (Yes, I'll steal the pics for my site, if you don't mind...)
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Fabian on May 01, 2007, 01:19:16 PM
Excellent skin and metals, very neat work. As Bungle says the gem needs a bit of definition. Quick method is to make a thin black line at the top and white dot on top of this at the top left or right of the gem.
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: alrith72 on May 01, 2007, 01:49:55 PM
nice job, must admit i don't like the mini at all but you've managed to make a silk purse from a pigs ear! Only a small area of the figure but i'm drawn to those eyes on the last pic every time, great job with those.
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on May 01, 2007, 01:53:30 PM
Quote from: Bungle on May 01, 2007, 12:59:35 PM
end of plait needs touching up.

:shrug:  :icon_sad:

I hope that's just a trick of the light (otherwise I'm in for a nasty time patching it). She's already got some blemishes were I fixed two or three spots of paint that got onto her skin (didn't want to remix those skin tones so I just chose a "closest to" colour instead).

QuoteOnly a small area of the figure but i'm drawn to those eyes on the last pic every time, great job with those.

Can you tell which eye socket got fileld with ink when I inked down the helmet and had to rescue the eye using my finger or thumb as  asponge? It's pretty obvious really.
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Agentmolar on May 01, 2007, 04:01:02 PM
Its a nice clean job. makes me like this mini more than i should!

Ive tried gem painting now, and it is a lot easier than i thought. The black line and white trick works a treat.
Title: Re: Gimp Mask Fetish Girl (2nd Rackham mini ever)
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on May 01, 2007, 04:24:25 PM
I think I'll ink down the pointed back on her hammer a bit. The gem was done really quickly so I could feel satisfied at seeing her finished. Look at the fingers on her right hand. Somehow something happened whilst angling her arms to dry and the fingers on her right hand came out all "fuzzy" (sort of as if someone had pressed something fuzzy into concrete while it was drying) so I inked them and added a thick lumpy highlight to hide the blemish. I really hope that's not some silver on her hair as that'd be a bit of a pain to fix.