I finally finished these chaps, after the intrusion of much real life!
(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/6443-2/Group.jpg)
Can't seem to photograph them with overexposing the leader's icon, though. It looks fine in real life!
Your comments are welcome :)
Very GREEN
Not a colour I would have thought of painting them....
seems to be a lot of shine so I can't tell about the shading
Try dullcoting them more to take away the shine and redo the picture's. :icon_wink:
I'm gonna re-do the icon on the leader's belt, then I'll Dullcoat them (actually, I'll glosscoat them, then Dullcoat them) then I'll re-shoot :)
I thought I'd try photos before any kind of varnish this time, but that doesn't seem to have worked too well :)
I painted them with green robes as they are Cthulu cultists ... and unlike some poeple I think Cthulu is green, not orange - but I didn't see the result of my SAN roll :scared:
Of course Cthulhu is green...
good idea, it makes a change from the red and black robes normally seen
Quote from: keeper40k on April 29, 2007, 05:36:17 PM
and unlike some poeple I think Cthulu is green, not orange
:icon_eek:
ORANGE!!!?
:blowup:
Then again Krishna is blue but you don't see hare krishnas wearing blue robes do you? ;)
Quote from: Bodhi on April 29, 2007, 06:06:15 PM
Then again Krishna is blue but you don't see hare krishnas wearing blue robes do you? ;)
A good point, but then Hindu follows of Krishna don't wear hoods that make then look like Krishna, either.
The sculptor (Michael Brand), clearly sculpted to hoods so that the cultists look a little bit like a classic Cthulu :) So it makes sense to me!
Sorry about the orange - a random comment without a reference. My bad. The only other White Metal mini I've seen painted was a Sarah, on coolminiornot (which I can't find now) and she had an orange cuddly Cthulu, which just seemed wrong!