Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => Member Gallery => Topic started by: Bruenor Odinson on April 28, 2007, 12:36:00 PM

Title: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on April 28, 2007, 12:36:00 PM
Yep actually managed to sit down and paint today, and painted 3, yes count them 3, minis to completion.
Quite a feat for me.

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/40K/scruntsall.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/40K/regscrunt1.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/40K/scrunt4.jpg)

(http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/bruenorbat/40K/scruntie1.jpg)

Really do like these Scrunt minis, and from what Bob has said, I've a lot more painting in store in the future, with more new releases. :icon_w00t:

Thanks
Bruenor
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bungle on April 28, 2007, 12:39:52 PM
They look great.


(must resist)
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Inso on April 28, 2007, 12:57:35 PM
Very nicely painted  :icon_razz:  but the miniatures do absolutely nothing for me.  I'm not a Bob Olley fan and would always go for Grymn over these. 
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:15:21 PM
Funny I love BOTH scrunts and Grymn. And Bob Olley and Kev White are my greatest source of inspiration.
I had kind of started to assume that everybody who liked Kev Whites style liked Bob Olleys as welll  :icon_scratch:
Obviously I was wrong.
Those scrunts are luverly.

But who grew all the grass in the spacestation? And why does it only grow around their feet?  :icon_suspicious:
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on April 28, 2007, 01:24:36 PM
Thanks.
They need to take some grass with them, or they get sad, by all the techno destruction around them.
I think.....?

I love Bob's stuff to bits, and can't get enough of it, just something about the character of each piece that grabs me.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bungle on April 28, 2007, 01:33:50 PM
Quote from: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:15:21 PM
Funny I love BOTH scrunts and Grymn. And Bob Olley and Kev White are my greatest source of inspiration.
I had kind of started to assume that everybody who liked Kev Whites style liked Bob Olleys as welll  :icon_scratch:
Obviously I was wrong.
Those scrunts are luverly.

They are great characterful sculpts, so are the Grymm. But direct fantasy races in Sci fi doesn't really appeal to me much.

A big plus for Bob olley sculpts is he doesn't do loads of fantasy Dwarf sybmols all over them.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: cheddarmonger on April 28, 2007, 01:45:01 PM
Those are great!  Must get scrunts sometime...
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:47:57 PM
What I really like about the scrunts is the 1950:s SF look in the costumes. That's what appeals to me more than the fact that they happen to be dwarves.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: gi6ers on April 28, 2007, 01:57:39 PM
Excellent! Got some scrunties half finished somewhere...
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on April 28, 2007, 02:49:39 PM
Quote from: Bodhi on April 28, 2007, 01:47:57 PM
What I really like about the scrunts is the 1950:s SF look in the costumes. That's what appeals to me more than the fact that they happen to be dwarves.
Yeah, I love the retro look to them too.
He's got all kinds of great things planned for them.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Keeper on April 28, 2007, 05:16:04 PM
These scrunts are really nice - I like the balance of blue and silver with the small items of brown.

I really would like to get some scrunts, but I guess it'll have to wait until at least next month ... I already bought something else from CH this month :D  I've just got to wait for it to get here ...  :shrug:
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 28, 2007, 07:37:15 PM
Nice paint jobs. Keeper40K those figures will go out in the mail Monday.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Keeper on April 29, 2007, 05:49:03 AM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on April 28, 2007, 07:37:15 PM
Nice paint jobs. Keeper40K those figures will go out in the mail Monday.

Sorry, CH.  Wasn't hastling.  Just getting excited  :blob7:
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 29, 2007, 01:03:56 PM
No need to be sorry. I just figured I would let you know.

I like the colors Bruenor chose.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on April 29, 2007, 03:13:57 PM
Thanks.

The different coloured badges on the helmets denote what squad they are in, i.e. red squad, and blue.
The Scrunties are flight crew, so have jumpsuits and flak jackets.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: bob olley on April 30, 2007, 04:50:42 AM
Bruenor, you've done the Scrunts proud, an excellent paintjob. I particularly like the way you've painted the Scrunties face, it couldn't be better.
Title: Re: Bob Olley Scrunts and Scrunties.......
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on April 30, 2007, 09:55:17 AM
Thanks Bob,

I sent you the pics too, hope you managed to get them OK, in case you haven't made the connection, it's me, James, the one who keeps giving you more and more to do.