Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: Dr.Evil on April 25, 2007, 06:06:21 PM

Title: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Dr.Evil on April 25, 2007, 06:06:21 PM
THis is a quote as i spotted it and copyed and pasted it here.

QuoteLimited Edition White Dwarf Model
(http://us.games-workshop.com/news/events/gw-store-events/citadelcelebration/images/wd_mini_large.jpg)
As part of the huge White Dwarf Birthday Celebration taking place Memorial Day Weekend (May 26-27) Games Workshop will be selling this limited edition White Dwarf miniature. The miniature was sculpted by Aly Morrison and depicts Grombrindal, the White Dwarf, on a shield held aloft by Gotrek and Joseph Bugman.
This limited edition miniature will cost $25.00 and will be available in four different ways.

    * At Games Workshop Hobby Centers on Saturday, May 26, and Sunday, May 27.
    * Through Direct Services Call Center on Saturday, May 26 from 11:00 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. EST.
    * At the Games Workshop Online Store on Saturday, May 26, and Sunday, May 27.
    * In participating Independent Retailers on Saturday, May 26, and Sunday, May 27. A complete list of retailers is coming soon.

Each of these locations has strictly limited quantities. When they are gone, they are gone forever. So, don't wait until Sunday. We're certain they'll sell out!
More information about the enormous party on the 26th and 27th is coming soon. For now, check out all of the 30th Birthday events we have scheduled for the first week of May.

More info:
http://us.games-workshop.com/news/ev.../miniature.htm

I think this is for the US only, but I'm not sure.
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 25, 2007, 06:10:09 PM
That is great. I need to pick up at least two of these. One to paint and one to save.
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on April 25, 2007, 07:08:24 PM
Yep, I already have that on my wishlist on cheddarmongers
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2007, 08:02:56 PM
I picked up the set at the local game store, woohoo!!!   :occasion14: :occasion14:
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 26, 2007, 08:08:54 PM
Was today the only day they were selling them?
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Agentmolar on May 26, 2007, 08:11:31 PM
Yeah. ours was yesterday over here. Pretty expensive in AUD though. $40 each. 

You can always phone order one Mike, i think they are open till 7.30pm
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 26, 2007, 08:14:55 PM
Kurt did you pick up an Extra?
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2007, 09:00:31 PM
I picked up two. My local game store has a pile of them and begged me to buy more; any left after tomorrow have to get shipped back to GW.  Sunday is the last day.
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 26, 2007, 09:01:51 PM
If I can't get to the store would you pick one up for me?
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2007, 09:05:45 PM
let me know before 4:00 pm central tomorrow if you want me to head to the LGS to pick one up for ya.  I'll PM you my phone numbers if you're getting close to that deadline and I haven't responded to your request... 
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 26, 2007, 09:10:49 PM
ok, thank you David
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Agentmolar on May 26, 2007, 10:19:35 PM
Sorry mate, they were limiting sales at our store. They sold out rather quick here, the kids went crazy! Looks like daves got you covered though!!
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 26, 2007, 10:27:06 PM
Thanks for trying. If anyone knows someone who got or can get the gold miniature please let me know. I REALLY want that one.
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 27, 2007, 03:31:09 AM
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110205134&orignav=9

I just don't want it myself, i don't feel like i would ever want to paint it...  :shrug:
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 27, 2007, 04:48:43 AM
Good point; Mike, if you can't make it to the shop, you can get it here:  http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301740&orignav=300976&ParentID=259493&GameNav=13  or though Wristy's link, if you want to pay postage from the UK...

4-6 weeks?  Maybe that's what they're doing with the minis they told the stores to send back!
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 27, 2007, 08:57:25 AM
by the way; I saw a couple of the gold plated ones on ebay.  there were only 14 available to the US??  Actually, I wasnt aware of that version at all.  Interestingly, there's already some xxx sets on ebay, charging exhorbitant amounts for them, and they're still available through the online store!
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 27, 2007, 09:00:43 AM
can you post the link to the gold ones please?
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: cheddarmonger on May 27, 2007, 09:11:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Warhammer-Gold-White-Dwarf-30th-Anniv-Ltd-Ed-Model_W0QQitemZ300115480912QQihZ020QQcategoryZ44128QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-White-Dwarf-Warhammer-30th-Anniversary-Miniature_W0QQitemZ250120654001QQihZ015QQcategoryZ44128QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 27, 2007, 09:16:08 AM
Thank you David. Bids in
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 27, 2007, 09:36:53 AM
One of those of the rest of the trade CH.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 27, 2007, 09:39:24 AM
Hmm?
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 27, 2007, 01:26:17 PM
That's a joke.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 27, 2007, 01:30:53 PM
I know :icon_razz:  Man I know I am going to really overpay for one of the gold ones
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 27, 2007, 01:34:02 PM
There's gold paint you know.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Limited Edition White Dwarf Model
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 27, 2007, 01:50:17 PM
LOL, its just not the same. I have a few gaold plated miniatures and a platinum one from Darksword and I love them.