Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: Bungle on April 17, 2007, 03:41:18 PM

Title: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 17, 2007, 03:41:18 PM
Shown here first...  :icon_w00t:

Some of you might remember this piece from Foundry's front page a few years ago. Bryan Ansell thought it uncastable - but the boffins at MDC have done thiis beautiful piece justice!

Sculpted by Kev Adams - originally a lighter which Kev decorated in his spare time -  putting detail on and it was no longer able to carry on its original function, but we decided to try to get it cast as a decorative piece anyway MDC cast it in Resin. Limited edition 100 to be produced  - only 20 of which will be for sale at Salute..so get 'em early

front
(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/Monolith/Lighter.jpg)

rear
(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/Monolith/lighter2.jpg)

Cost is £25 - the reason for the low production run is that it is incredibly harsh on the mould


also available - another Kev piece - the Reptile again cast by MDC - the rider is metal 28mm scale

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/Monolith/OrcChampOnGiantReptile.jpg)

he's limited to 500 £25 each

If you are not at Salute how can you order?

Send an email via the Monolith website - I don't think the 'Lighter' will make it up onto the website before they sell out!
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: gi6ers on April 17, 2007, 03:43:07 PM
the top thing is cool, erm....what is it?
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 17, 2007, 03:53:30 PM
it was a lighter once...LOL

side views

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/Monolith/lighter4.jpg)
(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/Monolith/lighter3.jpg)
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 17, 2007, 04:11:07 PM
Very nice stuff there. Thanks for posting it here first. I want one of each.

Was it a zippo?
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 17, 2007, 04:17:50 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on April 17, 2007, 04:11:07 PM
Very nice stuff there. Thanks for posting it here first. I want one of each.

Was it a zippo?

yep..... it is now a solid decorative piece.


http://www.monolithdesigns.co.uk/orderfor.htm to order

Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: cheddarmonger on April 17, 2007, 04:49:48 PM
Hoooo boy.
Monolith Designs is anathema on the Collecting Citidel Miniatures list; they offered some LE miniatures, took lots of cash, and never delivered, went AWOL.  I'm lucky to have got my Goblin Court and Goblin Collector, but whatever happened to the elf collector or the orc hero?? 
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 17, 2007, 04:53:13 PM
Really?

I have always had good experiences.

My few mail orders have taken a week or so... but that was because he had to wait to get more casts in, I got everything.. and extras as an appology for the delay.

Steve has always been good at shows.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: cheddarmonger on April 17, 2007, 05:11:43 PM
Hmm!!  So, I'd be up for an Elf Collector, if anyone's going to shop at his booth, and I'm sure Wristy would want the goblin king's court
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 17, 2007, 08:44:51 PM
Dave which were the CCM mini's that he made and do you have pictures of all of them? If there are any left I would like to get one of each. Wasn't there talk of a dwarven snith or something.?
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 19, 2007, 12:07:45 PM
Would any of the guys going to Salute please pick up two of the lighter and one of the other for me.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Baldemyr on April 19, 2007, 03:37:08 PM
Oh......  I never thought of that.  If anyone was to buy a spare Tyriel (the new one from Hasslefree)...i would certainly pay for it.  :icon_suspicious:
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Inso on April 26, 2007, 04:11:51 PM
While at Salute, I bought a large (40mm) Hell boy mini and I don't know where I bought it from.  I think it was from Monolith but the Hellboy stuff isn't on their website (that I can see).

I am quite keen to get a few more of the minis but I don't know where to get them.  The big question is, were they a Monlith Salute special of some sort?
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: gi6ers on April 26, 2007, 04:22:22 PM
No they are just a well kept secret for some unknown reason, you can get more if you email the monoloth guys., I didn't really get a chance to speak to the sculptor blokey this year...but bought some 28mm scale chaos stuff from the stand. Hellboy is a cool sculpt, there is one in my CMON gallery.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 26, 2007, 04:24:57 PM
Quote from: gi6ers on April 26, 2007, 04:22:22 PM
No they are just a well kept secret for some unknown reason, you can get more if you email the monoloth guys., I didn't really get a chance to speak to the sculptor blokey this year...but bought some 28mm scale chaos stuff from the stand. Hellboy is a cool sculpt, there is one in my CMON gallery.

They are still on pre release...  :icon_scratch:

The plan is for around 75 (!!!) figures in the range in the end and they want to build up the range enough to do a big release ... something to do with doing it with Dark Horse and Mignolas approval
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Inso on April 26, 2007, 05:24:48 PM
Hey Matt, I bet you told me that at Salute and I don't remember ( :icon_eek:)...I think I got confused because the minis weren't on the site...this lack of sleep thing is really starting to pee me off (I can't remember stuff that I really should be able to  :icon_evil:).

I will be e-mailing Monolith soon (to see if there is a list with pix that they can send me).

Thanks for the info  :icon_razz:.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 26, 2007, 05:28:48 PM
if you have a yahoo account join:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/?yguid=119624581

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/JimbowensDisturbia/photos/browse/d3dc has pictures of all the painted un released stuff so far.

Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 27, 2007, 07:49:24 PM
After all this time I still have not ordered that Hellboy I wanted. Thanks for reminding me Inso. They really need to put that on the site, it is a nice figure.

Bungle are the "lighter" and the reptile with rider on the site. I didn't see them. I want to get them.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Bungle on April 28, 2007, 05:37:50 AM
I can try to get them and add them to the box if you want.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Inso on April 28, 2007, 07:31:47 AM
Thanks for the links Bungle :icon_w00t: .

I've joined up and am just waiting for my confirmation e-mail.
Title: Re: Monolith Salute specials
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 01, 2007, 12:41:49 AM
Quote from: Bungle on April 28, 2007, 05:37:50 AM
I can try to get them and add them to the box if you want.

That would be great. Let me know if you are able to. If you can please also get one of the Hellboy. Just Pm me with all the info once you have it.