Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: prophet on March 11, 2007, 06:06:01 PM

Title: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: prophet on March 11, 2007, 06:06:01 PM
Unlock the Dark Art of Miniature Sculpting!

Green stuff have you baffled? Ever wonder just how the pros do it? Here's your chance to learn some of the very same techniques utilized by industry professionals to create your favorite miniatures. If you're tired of scrounging around looking for that nonexistent "perfect figure," the solution to your problems is here! Apply these new skills towards customizing your existing figures or even creating your own from scratch! The only limit is your imagination! And your guidance counselor said you'd never amount to anything...

This kit contains enough materials to sculpt up to half a dozen 28mm figures. It includes:

24 page sculpting booklet
4 double-ended steel sculpting tools
1 rubber tipped Clay Shaper sculpting tool
1/4 tube of kneadatite blue/yellow (9 inch tape equivalent)
2 sculpting armatures
2 tapered sculpting corks
1 foot steel wire
1 foot copper wire

(http://www.prophet-miniatures.com/New/kitcontents.jpg)

The booklet is also available for purchase separately in PDF form.

http://www.prophetminis.com/ (http://www.prophetminis.com/)
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 11, 2007, 06:16:32 PM
Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to getting the set I ordered from you. I realized this is the perfect gift for a friend of mine interested in sculpting.
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Bodhi on March 11, 2007, 06:27:02 PM
 :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
I hadn't even thought about the gift potential!!
Think I've got to order me some more...
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: prophet on March 11, 2007, 06:34:33 PM
Hi guys,
Once I get caught up with everything, I'll be sending the pdf version along to everyone who purchased the full kit.  Remember, there are fewer than 300 shopping days left until Christmas!
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Fabian on March 11, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 11, 2007, 06:59:44 PM
At least you will have us for encouragement
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Bodhi on March 12, 2007, 01:58:21 AM
Quote from: Fabian on March 11, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:

At least this is quiet which is nice for your neighbours/friends/relatives whatever  :band: :blowup:
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: prophet on March 12, 2007, 01:06:49 PM
Quote from: Fabian on March 11, 2007, 06:45:48 PM
Cool!

Although I worry that this would be like the guitar, in that I'd be so excited, find out how hard it is and then leave it!  :icon_razz:

Sculpting can be a bit of a challenge.  I think the most difficult aspect is just getting used to green stuff's properties.  Fortunately you do have plenty of support available. And it's slightly cheaper than guitar ;D.
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Bodhi on March 12, 2007, 02:23:52 PM
Got mine today. Had a first brief look at it. The booklet seems well written -both funny and easy to follow. The material seems a nice help for people to get started right away.
Of the tools there was one I didn't allready have (The one with the bent needle points - I have a similar one but where the points are blunter) but that one looks useful. The others are cleaner and newer than the ones I have so they're a great addition as well.

The Jeff Valent dollies have to big heads and are fatter than the skeletons I make myself. I'll give those to my daughter who is eleven and promising (she's done two greens but most of her work is done in Fimo or sculpey)
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 12, 2007, 03:09:47 PM
Mine should be here in a few days. Thanks Bodhi.
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Baldemyr on March 16, 2007, 08:20:19 AM
Any chance  this will be available at Gencon Prophet?
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: prophet on March 16, 2007, 08:22:39 AM
Yes. Fantization will be carrying it.
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Bodhi on March 16, 2007, 12:04:52 PM
The packaging is often neglected in reviews. I must say that the packaging was excellent! Presented in just the way that would make people buy it on impulse if they saw it in their local hobby shop.
I've been thinking about that. There are only three wargamer oriented shops here in Stockholm but I'd gladly walk by them and ask if they'd be interested in retailing your little starters package. But I don't know if you're interested in doing it in such a large scale yet?
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 16, 2007, 01:37:38 PM
The packaging is great. I was able to fit a few more items in there as well. It makes a terrific gift.
Title: Re: "Sculptors Do It With Small Tools" now available
Post by: prophet on March 20, 2007, 12:13:03 PM
Quote from: Bodhi on March 16, 2007, 12:04:52 PM
The packaging is often neglected in reviews. I must say that the packaging was excellent! Presented in just the way that would make people buy it on impulse if they saw it in their local hobby shop.
I've been thinking about that. There are only three wargamer oriented shops here in Stockholm but I'd gladly walk by them and ask if they'd be interested in retailing your little starters package. But I don't know if you're interested in doing it in such a large scale yet?

That would be great.   I'm just starting to take orders from retailers.