Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: Balgin Stondraeg on March 20, 2009, 03:20:45 PM

Title: A wicked villain (copied from FOD)
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on March 20, 2009, 03:20:45 PM
Here we go. He's far from finished. Basicaly anything that's not the sword, the eyes and the skin is just blocked in base coating.

(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Hell%20Dorado/Villain1.jpg)



Now the right hand is supposed to be holding some stupidly large oversized axe (see here (http://helldorado-forum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f808146940bfeffeaa2b461b399d2626&topic=2757.0)). Now what I've done is to chop off that whole bottom bit where the bottom of the blade is so it doesn't extend all the way down the handle. I also removed the stupid knuckleduster hand guard thing. The end result actualy looks quite good (although the axe head still looks too large, and a bit square). Whilst filing the bottom of the axe is actualy formed into a nice little ~ kind of double curve shape which I kind of liked and kept.

However the temptation to put a torch in that right hand is pretty strong. Also I would've loved to place the sword at the angle the other guy's done it but the position of wrist and thumb on the hand inside the cloak makes it impossible for him to be holding it at that angle. It also allows me to brace it against the cloak since it's paper thin (and I don't then need to paint the second eye on the underside of the quillons).

Here's a head closeup compilation thingy.

(http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/Balgin/Miniatures/Hell%20Dorado/Villain2.jpg)



For some reason the Hell Dorado sculptors really don't like putting the backs on heads. This is the third or fourth one I've come across that looked really good and then I found out the back of the head was missing, lending it a slightly squashed look with the front being too large and the back being just flat instead of head shaped.
Title: Re: A wicked villain (copied from FOD)
Post by: Custom_Hobby on March 20, 2009, 03:37:52 PM
He is coming along quite well so far Balgin :dragon:
Title: Re: A wicked villain (copied from FOD)
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on April 24, 2009, 04:05:27 PM
I've done the metals, blocked in the cloak and ruined the eyes on the shoulderplate. I've no idea how to blend up those fleshy ridges from silver to something fleshy looking (but not Tzeentch colours or anything too freaky - the natural look would be more disturbing).

I'll hopefuly get some pictures up soon.
Title: Re: A wicked villain (copied from FOD)
Post by: Custom_Hobby on April 24, 2009, 07:39:50 PM
Where are the pics? :soapbox: I know you said you need to take them but always remember :worthless: :icon_wink: