Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: steeldragon on February 12, 2009, 11:30:43 PM

Title: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 12, 2009, 11:30:43 PM
Steampunk guy is on the way to HF, Nurgle Lord is delayed thanks to the resin distributor being out of stock and now I'm sculpting an ork!

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20237-1/IMG_1365.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20234-1/IMG_1364.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20232-1/IMG_1363.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20229-1/IMG_1362.JPG)

Hope you guys like it :D

Andres
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Keeper on February 13, 2009, 05:47:06 AM
It looks spot on like the kind of ork that GW makes :D

I assume you think that is a good thing! ;) Well done, sir!
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 13, 2009, 10:37:52 AM
How tall is it?
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 13, 2009, 04:25:10 PM
He is 30mm to the eyes and 35mm to the shoulder pad... I'm using Black Reach Nobz as reference...

Andres
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 13, 2009, 04:29:18 PM
You captured the look well. So what else is sitting on your workbench?
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 13, 2009, 04:48:18 PM
I'm converting a Gorax... the model is one of the ugliest things in Hordes, but I want one in my army... so he is currently the putty leftovers miniature... The more I look at it, it becomes more likely I will do a complete new set of legs and a different head is a must... something to go with the Tharn look and feel...


(http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/971/goraxxb7.jpg)



Andres
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Hawkins on February 14, 2009, 11:25:09 AM
much bewtter than the GW ones (hate the way the legs look like they could rotate 360 at the hip )

good job.
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 17, 2009, 02:11:28 AM
I say the Ork is done... I think I'll leave the weapons for later... basically when this little guy has some purpose...

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20322-1/IMG_1366.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20324-1/IMG_1367.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20330-1/IMG_1370.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/20332-1/IMG_1371.JPG)

The idea of doing this Ork is state that I can adapt my sculpting style... i'm building a portfolio.

Andres
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 17, 2009, 06:43:24 PM
Nice work. So what are you thinking for the weapons?
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 19, 2009, 11:39:23 AM
I think a claw and a custom-mega-blasta (the idea is to build an big not very coherent shooty weapon). Not really sure yet...

Andres
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: Bodhi on February 28, 2009, 04:21:46 AM
Arms look great on the Gorax.
Orc.
Excellent sculpting, crud* design. But then I HATE GW orcs (Like the LOTR ones though). Looks just like them at least.

What I dislike most about them is the huge heads. Just because you have a huge lower jaw (nothing wrong with that) there's no need to make the whole head oversized. Looks just right on gobbos. Less so on orcs.

I see the problem though. Every time I've tried making a head of that type sizecreep comes running. I've never managed to make a proper size until the third attempt.
Title: Re: Orks!
Post by: steeldragon on February 28, 2009, 09:04:56 AM
The Orks are clearly weird... I'm not really sure if I like them or the post apocalyptic look and feel of their weapons and technology...

I finallly chopped one arm and leg to start the cyborkness...

Andres