Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: Squigface on June 13, 2008, 04:19:06 PM

Title: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Squigface on June 13, 2008, 04:19:06 PM
'Tis time for nostalgia. What I'm doing is rebasing, and repainting my old heroquest minis, and will eventually build them a new, nice board and nicer terrain bits. This is intended as a fun thing to relax me inbetween painting the three armies I have going at the moment. First model to be redone is one of the zombies, first, original paintjob *ach me eyes*

(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/ZWIP1.jpg)

Now, new, improved paintjob (also semi-test model for my VC zombies. Although they will be grimeyer)

(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/HQZF1.jpg)
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/HQZFB1.jpg)

The pictures aren't fantastic, and the grimey white hair didn't go quite as well as I might have wanted, but overall I'm very happy with how he turned out.

Hope you like,
Squig
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Squigface on June 14, 2008, 03:55:41 PM
Did people look at the first pic and run away screaming? Anyway, tweaked the zombie a bit and painted a mummy. Rather pleased with both;
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/M1F.jpg)
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/M1B.jpg)
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/ZZ1F.jpg)

Squig
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Bungle on June 14, 2008, 04:06:45 PM
 :scared: :flaminghead-runner: :zombie: :zombie2:

considering they are old and plastic, they don't look too shabby now


good job
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Bodhi on June 14, 2008, 04:23:53 PM
I got confused... Since I actually liked the older paintjob on the zombie better. Rough, sure, but it captures the character of that mini. The new paintjob is much more skilled obviously but makes it look a bit to healthy in my eyes.
Mummy is great.
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Fabian on June 14, 2008, 05:07:27 PM
 :clap2: Lovely. Proper old school plastics.  :tip-hat:
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Caerban on June 14, 2008, 07:10:07 PM
I love the mummy but I have to say, although the newer version is much better painted I liked the older scheme better. It really looked like it had crawled out of its grave at the call of the forces of nasty ickiness. The new paintjob looks a bit too healthy, in fact he looks a bit like a dude I saw on the bus last week.
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Keeper on June 16, 2008, 06:58:34 AM
Great work, Squigface :icon_smile:

I'm a particularly partial to green rotting flesh on a mummy, so he is definately my fave! (http://prince.planetazalea.co.uk/images/smilies/mummy.gif)
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 16, 2008, 08:16:27 AM
Nice work Squig. I do agree that while the newer jobs are better they need to get mucked up a bit.
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Squigface on June 26, 2008, 06:48:59 PM
And here we go, one of the (7?) gobbos in the box.

From this (shield your eyes!);
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/G1Before.jpg)

To this (unshield eyes);
(http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f106/Plushie100/HQG1.jpg)

Hate, hate, hate, hate painting tiny little checks though. The new washes were used quite extensively on him, and worked very well I think. I tried to make him look a bit "retro" Red period even, but not excessively.

Comments welcome,
Squig
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 26, 2008, 07:01:01 PM
Nice work :clap2: I love the before and after. It really shows the progress over the years. :occasion14:
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Bruenor Odinson on June 27, 2008, 07:07:27 AM
Lots and lots of progress, the new gobbo look ace!!!
How hard was it cutting him from the molded base?
Title: Re: Revamping me heroquest
Post by: Keeper on June 27, 2008, 08:22:28 AM
Nicely retro goblin there squigface  :tip-hat: