Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: Bungle on May 30, 2008, 06:02:14 PM

Title: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 30, 2008, 06:02:14 PM
Cheap plastic zombie dogs

terrible photos.

but any really quick tips?
(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2052.jpg)


I have done a few..about 4 hours

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2058.jpg)

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2055.jpg)



Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Perv on May 30, 2008, 08:51:03 PM
Quite a few kennels?

:icon_w00t:
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Agentmolar on May 30, 2008, 08:56:57 PM
Wow. just a couple! Very  I am legend.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 30, 2008, 09:26:48 PM
1 pack of the dogs from the zombies game

I have 3 packs of humans too.... but I hope to get better zombies done first.

If I can zenithal priming down pat the dogs will be more I am legend... ghoul dogs
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 30, 2008, 09:43:59 PM
How many dogs are there in that pic?
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 31, 2008, 07:11:06 AM
101

daylight picture

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2062.jpg)

(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2060.jpg)
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Dr.Evil on May 31, 2008, 11:15:13 AM
I got those dogs as well, were they the glow in the dark ones.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 31, 2008, 11:31:13 AM
Nope just normal medium soft plastic ones.

Zenithal primed, washed with a few colours. wounds washed with gore red, bones and eyes bleached bone.

Then a home made dip from wood dye and a flexible exterior varnish (thought this might work on the flexible plastic)

Touched up afterwards  and matt varnished.

each one has cost me under 10p including the 1p base, paint glue etc... I was not going to spend a long time on them.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Agentmolar on May 31, 2008, 11:51:24 AM
They came up great for such a quick technique.. and cheap as chips too.

I bow to your parsimonious knowledge and speed painting demigod prowess

:bow_kneelsuckers:
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: alrith72 on May 31, 2008, 11:58:31 AM
These look great considering the quality of the figures (the dogs i mean). Nearly bought a bag of them at salute as they were so cheap but then knew i would never get them painted so kudos for that. What game are you using them for?
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 31, 2008, 12:11:00 PM
next years Salute game for frothers.

I think we will need a few hundred zombies... I have around 300 more plastic ones if we get desperate.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: gi6ers on May 31, 2008, 01:18:43 PM
I'll dig a few out of my already painted box mate.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Perv on May 31, 2008, 01:23:23 PM
Great work, whats your home made dip consist of?  I've just put white spirit in a Ronseal Walnut varnish but think I may have ruined it......
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on May 31, 2008, 01:28:02 PM
Colron Georgian Medium Oak wood dye, and B&Q exterior "clear" varnish.

quite a dark mix in an disposable plastic cup (about 1/2 full), then put in an old paint tin lid so I could flip them and try to keep the underside of the base clear of varnish.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Custom_Hobby on May 31, 2008, 05:09:13 PM
Looks great in sunlight :clap2:
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on June 01, 2008, 06:26:02 AM
last nights wind down project before bed

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/14436-2/DSCF2069.JPG)

(http://www.cheddarmongers.org/prod/gallery2/d/14439-2/DSCF2070.JPG)

Spyglass Ugh the Zombie.

Not happy with the back...
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Perv on June 01, 2008, 09:11:43 AM
Quote from: Bungle on May 31, 2008, 01:28:02 PM
Colron Georgian Medium Oak wood dye, and B&Q exterior "clear" varnish.

quite a dark mix in an disposable plastic cup (about 1/2 full), then put in an old paint tin lid so I could flip them and try to keep the underside of the base clear of varnish.

Ahh you use clear varnish to dilute your stain colour, why didnt I think of that as I had a clear varnish on top of the bloody woodstain I could have used, even moved it out of the way to get to the white spirit.....I live and learn....

I hold the figs tab in a bulldog clip when I dip it, a rolled up piece of paper thru the arms of the bulldog clip lets you stick them in the edge of a drawer and then bend them so the fig is upright so it dries properly with gravity doing its job  :icon_wink:

Back looks fine to me on that zombie mate
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on June 08, 2008, 12:13:37 PM
(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a331/BungleB/DSCF2075.jpg)

the collection of humans so far... still need basing and some finishing touches

anyone know what colour and texture rosary beads for a nun would be?
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 08, 2008, 12:20:36 PM
The rosary beads can be almost any color. I usually see them in white or black with nuns. you can see a bunch here (http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS237US237&q=rosary%20beads&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi).
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Agentmolar on June 08, 2008, 09:18:45 PM
Yep you can even get gold ones blessed by the pope if you visit the vatican..... for a fee of course.  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Laikalappie on June 10, 2008, 10:17:03 AM
Zombieeeeeeees! I love those guys, especially after watching alot of zombie-movies and playing games like Dead Rising ..

They're looking brilliant, just how a zombie (dog) should be. Where did you get the mini's from? I haven't read the whole text, so apologies if it said elsewhere already.
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on June 10, 2008, 10:54:07 AM
Dogs are the plastic ones you can get in a bag of 100 to go with the zombies board game.

top zombie with right arm out stretched is a spyglass "Ugh" zombie

Nun,Nurse and labcoated "doctor" (well thats how I painted her) are from griffin....

middle male zombie is from hasslefree

PS cheers Mike, and AM.... rosary done now. A nice wooden cross and beads
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Custom_Hobby on June 10, 2008, 11:44:08 AM
Quote from: Bungle on June 10, 2008, 10:54:07 AM
PS cheers Mike, and AM.... rosary done now. A nice wooden cross and beads

Pic? :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Zombie dogs
Post by: Bungle on June 10, 2008, 02:10:22 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on June 10, 2008, 11:44:08 AM

Pic? :icon_wink:

When they are finished