so me Cheddar and Keeper40K are having a paintoff with something of a classic flavour.
we are all painting the classic GW Marauder Giant. he's one big hulk of lead and we only have about a week to paint him in (i'm going to be putting mine in a local comp on 24/5/08 aswell)
so here's the first shots:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Medved1/g1-1.jpg)
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/Medved1/g2-1.jpg)
he's not fully assembled (both arms are separate and so is the beer keg and sword) and the base will require some sand.
at the moment (as seen in the first pic) i'm not sure if he's more miffed at being squashed by my finger or appearing to have stepped in a large mound of greenish poo!
this model is going to make my fingers ache!
Nice base. I am looking forward to this one.
Hey, since mine's so badly painted (and thinly painted too) would you guys mind if I sprayed a fresh undercoat on him and painted him up too? No paint off thing or anything, I just might bfeel inspired to have another go at him (since the last time I basicaly put a thin base coat down and then gave the entire thing a wash of brown ink, thumbed it and called it done _ I went through a brown ink & thumb quickpainting stage for a few months in the early 90's).
It's only for fun so join in and give it a go. :icon_wink:
Stu -- did you get your giant finished?
I think Keeper and Balgin were jumping into this one too.
Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2008, 02:00:21 AM
Stu -- did you get your giant finished?
sorry no. i went a bit awol in mind and spirit recently :icon_wink:
No biggie (no pun intended!) -- let's push the deadline out 2 wks. Sound good? Havent finished mine either, and hoping to get Balgy, Keeper, and Wristy in on the action.
I don't have that Giant unless someone wants to give me it..... :tip-hat:
bah; you're painting up the 6th ed Giant, right? Close enough... ;)
Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 26, 2008, 05:04:34 PM
bah; you're painting up the 6th ed Giant, right? Close enough... ;)
I only get proper time to paint at the weekends so it might be a few weekends before it's finished.
get it done when you can. then we'll stick 'em all together in one big post.
I didn't quite get mine finished this weekend, but he's well on his way to being done. I should get him finished at some point this week, as I've just got some bits of detail left to pick out and the base to finish up.
Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense? :icon_suspicious:
And how are we going to do this? When we're all ready, we all post our pics in the same topic, or are we going to have a paint-off moderator? :icon_smile:
Quote from: keeper on May 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM
Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense? :icon_suspicious:
well i didn't even make the competition, so unfortunately i didnt bring any silverware home.
when i can get my act together you'll see some painted stuff from me
At this point, I have the flesh pretty much done, and I'm over halfway through blacklining. Still have to work out a cool base idea, but the rollerskates are looking good. Well, just kidding on the skates! :cm
Quote from: cheddarmonger on May 27, 2008, 08:40:50 AM
Well, just kidding on the skates! :cm
He says this now, but lets wait and see if you come up with any other cool base ideas :icon_wink:
Quote from: Medved on May 27, 2008, 07:04:32 AM
Quote from: keeper on May 27, 2008, 06:14:42 AM
Are you going to tell us how you did in the competiton, Medved, or are you going to leave us all in suspense? :icon_suspicious:
well i didn't even make the competition, so unfortunately i didnt bring any silverware home.
Do you mean you didn't enter, or you giant isn't finished, yet? Either way, I'm sorry you missed the comp :(
both :icon_tears:
I got another layer of skin done last night as mine has more skin showing I think.... :icon_ermm:
Also there's the Hobbit, crouching man and my DOD 08 Necromancer which I'm doing the skin on as well.
The Hobbit and crouching man are part of the Giant.
Quote from: Wristaction on May 27, 2008, 10:08:39 AM
I got another layer of skin done last night as mine has more skin showing I think.... :icon_ermm:
Yeah, when I was assembling mine I found that the join between the legs, with the body slotting over the top, is really strong but just looked horrible! So a bit of extra green stuff as given him some undercrackers that are hidden, unless looked for.
I know this lost a little steam, but if someone wants to join in on the Giant paint-off, I just saw this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280237815094
Who dropped out?
I don't think anybody dropped out, we're just kind of lagging...
Not me. I put a load of work into him, so mine is about 75% done. I still work on him a tiny bit every session, so I'll get there fairly soon. Gotta keep painting Blood Bowl minis, too, though! :icon_wink:
The Hobbit and crouching man are in the stripping jar as I didn't like the skin at all.... :icon_neutral:
The Giant and Necromancer will most likely be joining them too. :icon_neutral:
When are we getting the spell checker back??
sorry; spellchecker is jacked. My server doesn't apparently support it... looking for alternatives.
Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?
Not me. Painting one of these will be enough for a lifetime, I think!
Quote from: cheddarmonger on June 19, 2008, 09:25:35 AM
Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?
No, getting a new Laptop as my old one slows down that much it seems to go backwards with XP installed and it gets me something with Vista installed on it.
Also starting to save up for christmas and MOT.
Quote from: Wristaction on June 19, 2008, 04:05:23 PM
Quote from: cheddarmonger on June 19, 2008, 09:25:35 AM
Are you bidding on the Marauder Giant?
No, getting a new Laptop as my old one slows down that much it seems to go backwards with XP installed and it gets me something with Vista installed on it.
Also starting to save up for christmas and MOT.
I should probably put this in the anti-rant thread. I had my car MOT'd today. £58. Something is going to break soon I know it!