Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: dargrin on January 21, 2008, 03:16:14 PM

Title: Who R U # 2
Post by: dargrin on January 21, 2008, 03:16:14 PM
The green is not coming out the way I want it to.  Any suggestions will be helpful.

(http://home.comcast.net/~mikechrisnoahtyler/AIWL.jpg)
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: Bungle on January 21, 2008, 03:37:22 PM
highlight the green by mixing yellow in with it?

would that be the effect you are after?
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: gi6ers on January 21, 2008, 03:40:04 PM
On the catterpillar? You've got an almost minty colour there and It looks a little artificial for me, I'd glaze with a leaf green personally.  Then highlight with a very strong, bright yellow.
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: dargrin on January 21, 2008, 04:13:25 PM
Am looking for a nice blend of greens.  Right now my paints are either too low then highlights. I guess I am looking for what people would use for greens.

Gi6ers - What brand are you refering too in regards to "Leaf Green".

Thanks for the help guys.
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: gi6ers on January 21, 2008, 04:30:24 PM
Leaf green = goblin green or scorpion from GW, dark angels green and snot green are good bases

I've added some yellow for the final highlight:
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Gi6ers/DODFINALCU001.jpg)

Alternatively you've got Catachan green up to Camo green from GW.

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Gi6ers/korg41.jpg)

Or for some in your face green, heavily highlight goblin green with yellow and glaze with tamiya clear green (VERY shiny)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/Gi6ers/sludgegulp2.jpg)

I always use a really bright primary yellow for highlights.
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: Keeper on January 22, 2008, 05:59:49 AM
Gi6ers has already said most of what I could say, but with green, I also sometimes highlight by mixing up a lemon yellow (just white and a primary yellow), and then mixing the lemon yellow a bit at a time into my green to make my highlights.
Title: Re: Who R U # 2
Post by: dargrin on January 22, 2008, 06:52:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.  I fixed it up last night.   Yellow was the key.  I hope to post it over the next couple of days.