Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: dargrin on January 03, 2008, 04:31:46 PM

Title: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: dargrin on January 03, 2008, 04:31:46 PM
Here is one of many projects I am working on.  I will be finishing this and others on Saturday.  I have organized a paint day at a game store so I have a full day of just painting.  So here he is.......

(http://home.comcast.net/~mikechrisnoahtyler/pig.jpg)
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: gi6ers on January 03, 2008, 04:38:44 PM
That is an excellent paintjob on a cool mini. Where is he from?
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: dargrin on January 03, 2008, 04:39:59 PM
Reaper Miniatures.  This is from thier Warlord line.  Here's a linky:

http://reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14451 (http://reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14451)
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: Bungle on January 03, 2008, 05:18:28 PM
Wow....

I was going to point out a few things.... some bits still need a sheen on them like they eyes.. beads of sweat on the riders brow.. the odd shiney bit of metal.. a damp boars nose...

then I remembered you said a WIP.....

then  I remembered it was a 25mm toy soldier and not something for an art gallery.


:clap2: :clap2:
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: Caerban on January 03, 2008, 05:36:58 PM
Now that's mighty fine! I'm particularly enamoured of the piggy's eye.  :clap2: :clap2:
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: Theomar Pius on January 03, 2008, 06:35:15 PM
Oh that's great, buckets of character there, on both the rider and the boar. Great work.
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: Bodhi on January 03, 2008, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Bungle on January 03, 2008, 05:18:28 PM

then  I remembered it was a 25mm toy soldier and not something for an art gallery.

BAH! Same thing! It's just a matter of "emperors clothes cultural status". This would fit in ANY artgallery. But they're not worth it! WE ARE though  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: Keeper on January 04, 2008, 05:38:17 AM
Superbly, fantastically, excellent, Dargrin :)

Nothing I can say but to encourage you to get in based up so we can see him in his "natural" environment!  :icon_wink:
Title: Re: Durthen Berserker on Boar
Post by: dargrin on January 04, 2008, 06:48:32 AM
Wow.  Thanks for the kind words guys.  I spent allot of time on him I hope to have the finished product one Saturday.