Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: Bungle on February 07, 2007, 05:00:49 AM

Title: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 07, 2007, 05:00:49 AM
That was the name of the game that was out recently wasn't it?

well Eureka have just released...

japanese school girls... not as pretty as Kevs.... and more Manga ish £6.5 or $13.50 (roughly)

(http://eurekamin.com.au/gallery/albums/kfsg/normal_KFSG08.jpg)

(http://eurekamin.com.au/gallery/albums/kfsg/normal_KFSG02.jpg)

(http://eurekamin.com.au/images/100FAN03.jpg)
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Agentmolar on February 07, 2007, 05:47:31 AM
Nope.. not my kind of thing...

Only becuase they are poorly done. Not a big fan of eurekas work. Theres plenty of talent in sculpting, i dont know why they dont use it.
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 07, 2007, 06:19:20 AM
 :yeahthat: I am with Kurt on this one. :violent5:  I guess I am just spoiled by high quality sculptors
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: cheddarmonger on February 07, 2007, 07:14:26 AM
in concept, they're adorable!  in execution, they suck. 

Yep, theres lots of great sculptors out there, but some mini companies either can't afford them, or haven't made friends with them.
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 07, 2007, 07:32:49 AM
Lots of sculptors can't do women either :jawsdown:
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Dr.Evil on February 07, 2007, 09:48:15 AM
Quick hide this post before Balgin sees it and we get the dreaded evil Manga lecture....  :icon_w00t:

If your a big Manga\Anime fan then your love them, i musant like Manga\Anime all that much then as i agree with whats been said.  :tongue1:

Quote from: Bungle on February 07, 2007, 07:32:49 AM
Lots of sculptors can't do women either :jawsdown:

There's tablets for that now...  :tard:

Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 07, 2007, 09:51:43 AM
Thank GOD for Kevin!!!!! I went to the best to get my Kyrie made. She is worth every penny.

By the way so far the only "sort of manga" figure I like is that hamster shooting girl that Mr. Mier made.
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Captain_Jack on February 07, 2007, 10:31:09 AM
Quote from: cheddarmonger on February 07, 2007, 07:14:26 AM
in concept, they're adorable!  in execution, they suck. 

Yep, theres lots of great sculptors out there, but some mini companies either can't afford them, or haven't made friends with them.
Quote from: Bungle on February 07, 2007, 07:32:49 AM
Lots of sculptors can't do women either :jawsdown:

quoted for truth. 

as a side note, I see theres a bazooka load of emotes loading up.  the mind boggles.... especially when you consider that theres more.....
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on February 07, 2007, 10:58:08 AM
Quote from: Wristaction on February 07, 2007, 09:48:15 AM
Quick hide this post before Balgin sees it and we get the dreaded evil Manga lecture....  :icon_w00t:

It's actualy sort of overriden by the sheer hilarity of japanese people wearing tartan. I mean, it's not as if they can actualy claim celtic heritage (but some are so rich they go and "buy up" clan histories to have official kilts to wear - sort of like chavs and burberry or smething).
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 07, 2007, 11:08:15 AM
Quote from: Captain_Jack on February 07, 2007, 10:31:09 AM
as a side note, I see theres a bazooka load of emotes loading up.  the mind boggles.... especially when you consider that theres more.....

I went nuts on the smileys :tongue1: , the bad thing is now I have to sort all of them :violent1:
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Tardis on February 10, 2007, 03:56:13 PM
 :sleepy1:
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 10, 2007, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: Tardis on February 10, 2007, 03:56:13 PM
:sleepy1:

(http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/music-128.gif) Wakey wakey you (http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-176.gif)or is it you find the sculpts uninspiring?
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 10, 2007, 04:46:21 PM
Quote from: Wristaction on February 07, 2007, 09:48:15 AM
Quick hide this post before Balgin sees it and we get the dreaded evil Manga lecture....  :icon_w00t:

But I thought he loved manga  :icon_whistling:
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Tardis on February 10, 2007, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: Bungle on February 10, 2007, 04:35:41 PM
Quote from: Tardis on February 10, 2007, 03:56:13 PM
:sleepy1:

(http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Music/music-128.gif) Wakey wakey you (http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-176.gif)or is it you find the sculpts uninspiring?

Subject matter and aculpts.
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 10, 2007, 05:20:49 PM
Horses for courses....

eg shadowforge stuff... some I really like, some I hate.

I just wish they would do men in the same style so wargames units could be built up - but thats the gamer in me.

A load of Japanese school boys in "rebellious" style of dress to go with the girls ... decent non manga faces... and I can see a nice battle Royale collection.

Not that bothered about the knickers either way... but more "combat inexperienced" style poses could be good for gaming 
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bodhi on February 10, 2007, 05:51:51 PM
Quote from: Wristaction on February 07, 2007, 09:48:15 AM

If your a big Manga\Anime fan then your love them, i musant like Manga\Anime all that much then as i agree with whats been said.  :tongue1:


Nope. I like SOME manga/anime' quite a lot. These are surely inspired by manga but to badly sculpted to really look like manga either.
I find them kind of funny though. If they were 15 mm sculpts I'd even be a bit impressed.
Title: Re: Exploding knickers
Post by: Bungle on February 10, 2007, 05:54:18 PM
 :jawsdown: 15mm.... oooh yep they would be good in 15mm .. can't see them selling many in 15mm though