Custom Hobby Forum

Commercial Corner => New Releases => Topic started by: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 11:04:38 AM

Title: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 11:04:38 AM
http://www.minimodelmadness.com/store/ (http://www.minimodelmadness.com/store/)

I'll be ordering Huey from Silent Running soon I think.
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 05, 2007, 12:53:38 PM
Nice site Matt.

I need to get one of these:
(http://minimodelmadness.com/store/images/neb%201b.bmp)
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Rays Bat on February 05, 2007, 01:01:23 PM
The Neb!

There's also the Event Horizon (for more Larry affiliated products) but for some reason the rescue ship is more expensive than the actual EH. 


Farscape, Firth Element, some show named Firefly (sounds absolutely crud*, don't know about you), Godzilla, Galaxy Quest!! All these obscure scifi shows finally have merchandise!


[ :la: hahahahahaha! I guess we're not a family forum then.  :icon_whistling: ]
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 05, 2007, 01:27:41 PM
Quote from: Custom_Hobby on February 05, 2007, 12:53:38 PM
Nice site Matt.


EDIT:  :yeahthat: (oops done it again), great site I just bought some stuff.

I thought you'd like the lego one.

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/index.php?m=nebuchadnezzar&n=8

I like this scratch built one

(http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final2.jpg)

More.

http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final5.jpg (http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final5.jpg)

http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final9.jpg
(http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final9.jpg)
http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final11.jpg (http://www.gdcdreams.com.ar/The_neb/final11.jpg)
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 05, 2007, 01:32:33 PM
Damn, now I want one of each!
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 05, 2007, 02:09:16 PM
Have a look at

http://smt.theshoppe.com/galacticshuttle.html (http://smt.theshoppe.com/galacticshuttle.html)

I had problems with VERY slow delivery last year, but eventually got the stuff I ordered and was very happy with it.
(Betty transporters Aliens ressurection)


others that might be of interest.

http://www.coldnorth.com/millennia_models/products/index.html

http://www.federationmodels.com/

http://www.scifimodels.com/

http://www.geocities.com/jaycotoys/

http://www.geocities.com/adumas02/index.html

Alex stuff is pretty good I have bought a few kits from him... great to deal with and pretty quick at posting too.
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 02:33:08 PM
There does seem to be one notable gap which is handily filled by this:

http://www.skyhookmodels.com/order-planet_express.htm (http://www.skyhookmodels.com/order-planet_express.htm)
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 05, 2007, 02:51:23 PM
Quote from: gi6ers on February 05, 2007, 02:33:08 PM
There does seem to be one notable gap which is handily filled by this:

I didn't know that one.... ooooh
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Agentmolar on February 05, 2007, 03:56:59 PM
Whats the scale?
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 05, 2007, 04:36:55 PM
Quote from: Agentmolar on February 05, 2007, 03:56:59 PM
Whats the scale?


6"  long  15cm.... around 1/300 I guess
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 06, 2007, 05:45:57 PM
Anyone fancy this?

(http://www.starshipmodeler.com/NEWS_fc_wotw_0868.jpg)

The all resin kit includes a base, plaque and support rod and stands about 24"/610mm tall when built.

Price is $200.00 USD plus shipping.

:jawsdown:
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:47:52 PM
Are you selling it?
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 06, 2007, 05:50:12 PM
Nope.... For more information, or to order, email frankkcerney at yahoo dot com

taken from starship modeller
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 06, 2007, 05:55:32 PM
I know someone that would make a perfect gift for. Thanks for the info.

Did you see this picture before on my site:
(http://www.customhobby.com/images/galleries/art/tripodpics/trpdsketch.jpg)

Mike did that and a few more a while back. You can see more of them on this page (http://www.customhobby.com/images/galleries/art/tripodartpage.htm)
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 06, 2007, 05:57:55 PM
Oooh bio mechanical tripods.....  :assimilate:  :abduct: :icon_alien: :robot: excellent idea.
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 27, 2007, 03:04:01 PM
I got my order from Mini model madness today

(http://minimodelmadness.com/store/images/zorg%2005.jpg)
around 12cm long

and

(http://minimodelmadness.com/store/images/PICHammerhead.jpg)

10.5cm long

paid for on 5th february, posted on the 20th received today on the 27 .

Not bad but they must cast to order.
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Custom_Hobby on February 27, 2007, 03:06:44 PM
Nice stuff. Get some more pictures up once you paint them.
Title: Re: Resin - Sci-fi
Post by: Bungle on February 27, 2007, 04:10:52 PM
Pretty basic kits around 10.5cm long.

http://www.merzo.net/10ppm.htm

indicates they think the hammerhead should be around 10m long so I guess its about right for 15mm

finish is pretty basic.

but it'll do  :icon_cool: