Custom Hobby Forum

Hobby Workbench => W.I.P. => Topic started by: dargrin on October 10, 2007, 10:31:50 PM

Title: Praying paladin
Post by: dargrin on October 10, 2007, 10:31:50 PM
More work needs to be done to the structure but this is where I am at now.  I am looking to enter this one in a contest.  Other than the fact there appears to be a UFO shining a light down on them all comments welcome..

(http://home.comcast.net/~mikechrisnoahtyler/praying.jpg)
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Theomar Pius on October 11, 2007, 12:16:16 AM
looks great!.
Might I suggest a thin layer of white glue, with same sand sprinkled very lightly over the top, to dirty up the ground.
I like this one alot.
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Keeper on October 11, 2007, 05:38:50 AM
Looks really good, dargin :)  Where are the minis from?
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: dargrin on October 11, 2007, 06:29:17 AM
All minis are from Reaper.  I still have lots of work left to do.  I will be adding more dirt and veggies to the whole thing.
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: gi6ers on October 11, 2007, 08:42:53 AM
The scene is spot on but I'd be tempted to alter the floor, perhaps a small stone shrine with a skylight to work with the lighting?
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: dargrin on October 11, 2007, 09:36:55 AM
The sene is actually going to be outside. It will be an open air area.  Think stone gazebo and you are close. Still got some building to do.
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on October 11, 2007, 10:39:01 AM
Ah I always wondered what that one looked like from behind, thanks :).
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: dargrin on October 11, 2007, 01:35:58 PM
The scabberd is pretty blah really.  I thought I would fancy it up with a little free hand.  I kind of wish that the sword and hands were not as wide as they are. But eh.....
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Balgin Stondraeg on October 11, 2007, 01:44:11 PM
Quote from: dargrin on October 11, 2007, 01:35:58 PM
The scabberd is pretty blah really.

Yeah but it makes the huge chunky plank sword barely more tollerable.
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Dr.Evil on October 11, 2007, 06:01:28 PM
 :coolpics: and great painting so far.  :icon_cool:

Any more angle's to see it by.
Title: Re: Praying paladin
Post by: Custom_Hobby on November 17, 2007, 10:36:06 PM
You can view the finished product here: http://www.customhobby.com/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0